School Holidays

My daughters had another school vacation (we live in The Netherlands and they have at least six holidays a year, each lasting a week at a minimum), so I had to think about activities again. Since we have an annual season ticket for the zoo, we go there at least once every holiday. 
For the first time ever I saw the wolves howl!
Here are some zoo pictures.
 










Usually we go to the theater or the movies also during school holidays. We went to House of Magic this time. It's with a cat and just because of that highly recommended.



Other things we did were the playground and the fair (which, totally accidentally of course, takes place during the children's holidays).

And we baked cookies! My daughters made these:



And I baked Strawberry Cookies:


For this I used a American Cookies recipe and replaced the chocolate for strawberries.

Comments

  1. Oh wow, that's a lot of holidays! What lucky children! Do they get a large chunk (here in Canada, it's two months) off for summer as well? If not, then I guess it's fairly even to here, but if so, I must say "wow" again. It would be such fun to know that you had all those holiday breaks from school to look forward to as a youngster.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here in The Netherlands: six weeks in a row in the summer!

      Delete
  2. Stopping by from Craft Schooling Sunday link party. Great idea on switching the chips to strawberries, I never would of done that. I bet my kids would love these and it's much better sub than chocolate chips. Thanks for sharing from the ladies at www.homemadeinterest.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would really love to have the recipe for the strawberry cookies! I need something new. And with strawberries on sale often... this would be a great recipe!
    Cheri
    quiltingnanny at yahoo dot com
    www.fabricandmemories.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just looked on the internet for an American Cookies recipe and then added strawberries instead of chocolate. It's best to use dried strawberries.

      Delete
  4. What a fun activity during the school holiday! I need to remember to take my kids to the zoo during the summer. Thank you for linking up at The Creative Exchange.

    ReplyDelete
  5. G'day! Your cookies so remind me of childhood yum
    G'day! Newbie and thanks for hosting such a great party!
    Cheers! Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  6. We are just getting into summer break here. This makes me want to visit the zoo. Lovely photographs of the animals. I love the white wolves.PS. your cookies seem yummy. Thanks for sharing at the party! Theresa @DearCreatives

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your nice comment! The wolves, all colors, are my favorite!

      Delete
  7. Jeej voor de dierentuin! Waar ben je geweest? Ik wilde ook nog gaan in de meivakantie maar het kwam er helaas niet van!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Artis. Ik heb mijn hart verpand aan Artis!

      Delete

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments! Thank you for telling what you think!

Popular posts from this blog

Plague Doctor (free pattern)

Air Mail

Crochet Bag