Black Cat Skirts

Last weekend we went to a food festival, where a lot of things were sold that didn't have anything to do with food actually. There was a stand, for example, that only had things that had cats on it; mugs, rings, shirts, key rings, bags, even underwear. And skirts. Of course my daughters wanted the skirts the first moment they laid eyes on it, but for what they cost, I knew I could make them for half the money. So here they are. Also nice for Halloween (although what's looking like purple in the picture is actually dark blue).


 And a little cat paw for more detail, that I made from left over polymer clay.

www.betweennapsontheporch.net

~*~

My Mummy, who's living in the Haunted Doll House you can see in earlier posts, was featured by Creative Crochet Workshop and by The Crafting Nook!


Thank you, Joanita and Cami!


The Skull Cookie Lollipops my daughters made, were featured by Scrapality!

Comments

  1. I really love the idea of using the polimer clay for adding more detail. Do you know if it is washable?
    Cheers,
    Emese

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you can wash the clay! I've used it a lot for making buttons. Works perfect. Although this is the first time I used two colors, so I don't know if the little black cushions of the paws will come loose from the blue background in time. We we'll see.

      Delete
    2. Thanks Liz, I will also give it a try...

      Delete
  2. Hello Liz,
    I'm visiting you from France's link party!
    What little girl could resist those skirts ..... and how great that mum can make cats paws (don't you just love polymer clay, so many things you can make from it!) ..... great for key fobs perhaps .... !
    Also loving your skulls and the mummy!
    Barbara xx
    Blogging as: http://theflashingscissors.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those skirts are lovely. Isn't it rewarding to be able to make the same at half the price? I bet yours are better made too.
    Thank you for participating to my Fabric, Thread and Yarn link party. Good day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The skirt is so cute! Love the black cat material. It's perfect for Halloween. Thank you for linking up at the #HomeMattersParty this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute skirts!! Always great when you can do it yourself. I bet your daughters love their skirts..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow...how neat! Love these!

    Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute little skirts and wonderful that they can be worn after Halloween, too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments! Thank you for telling what you think!

Popular posts from this blog

Plague Doctor (free pattern)

Air Mail

Crochet Bag