Alison Alpaca

Another pattern from the Book of Pica Pau by Jan Schenkel, the Alpaca. I made this one because it made me think of a trip I made some years ago to Peru. While I was wandering through Macchu Pichu a couple of alpacas followed me with their eyes. I kept away from them because you only have to be spitten on by an alpaca once in your life to avoid coming near them for the rest of your days. The smell; horrible! Not easily washed away either. Fortunately I was in a zoo when it happened, so I could wash my face thoroughly, but I will never forget that smell.
Anyway, I liked to see them living in between the ruins of Macchu Pichu, because they belong there. They are so beautiful with their big brown eyes with long lashes and their fluffy hair on top of their head.

   


Just one more to make from this book: the wolf. I'm not really into spirituality and such, but when I heard about so called totem animals, I've always known that the wolf is my totem. 

Comments

  1. This is adorable. I love the pom pom garland round his neck and the colourful blanket too. Well done! #handmademonday

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is so cute, the pom pom garland is just fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So adorable! Thanks for sharing at #HomeMattersPaarty

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh gosh, you create the cutest little critters! Love this one!! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your alpaca, but am not too keen on the idea of real ones spitting. I have a dream to have one one day, so may have to rethink. But your crochet one looks like it has a nice personality. Thanks for joining in with March Ginx Woolly Linx Party https://ginxcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments! Thank you for telling what you think!

Popular posts from this blog

Plague Doctor (free pattern)

Air Mail

Crochet Bag